Search Results

Chronology

DateEvent
January 01, 1913Hershey Public Library moves to the Hershey Store Company building on the southwest corner of Chocolate Ave. The Library hours are the same as the store.
January 01, 1913The Round Barn is built at the foot of Pat's Hill (now the parking lot on the south side of Hersheypark Drive) by James K. Putt, head carpenter, and his crew.It is used as a show place and demonstration farm.  It also has a creamery and sells milk to the public. [Specific date is unknown. Event occurred in the year 1913.] 
May 14, 1913Hershey Water Company receives charter.
May 18, 1913Holy Trinity Lutheran Church breaks ground for its new church building.
May 30, 1913The Hershey Community begins a weekend long celebration of the town's 10th anniversary (May 30-31).
June 19, 1913The deer (sometimes called elk) statue is placed at the entrance to the park. There is also a soldier statue (Theodore Roosevelt's Rough Riders) but the soldier statue is later moved to the rose garden.
October 15, 1913The Hershey Men's Club replaces the Y.M.C.A. The Club becomes a self-governing organization in October, 1914 and is located in the Cocoa House.
October 21, 1913The trolley line to Pat's Hill and Highland Park begins operations.
1